Who we are
We are Ultravision International Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01408851 and with our registered office address at Dolphin House, Commerce Way, Leighton Buzzard, Beds, LU7 4RW (“UltraVision”, “we”, “us” and “our”). We are the data controller and responsible for your personal data.
If you have any questions about this policy or how we use your personal data, please contact us at The Data Controller, UltraVision International Limited, Commerce Way, Leighton Buzzard, Beds, LU7 4RW, by email to Info@ultravision.co.uk or by phone to +44(0)1525381112.
About this policy
This policy aims to give you information about how we collect and process your personal data, including any personal data we collect when you purchase our products and use our website, www.ultravision.co.uk.
What kind of personal data we collect and how we collect it
We process various items of personal data, including:
- full names
- contact details
- your job title (if we have a business relationship with your business/employer)
- optical prescriptions (current and historic)
- details of your optician
- details of your order history
- correspondence with you
- technical details relating to your use of our website, please see our cookies policy for further information ultravision.co.uk/cookies.
We only process your personal data to the extent necessary for the implementation of our business and do not use your personal data for other purposes.
We request that our customers do not send to us personal data relating to their customers/patients unless expressly requested by us. Any prescriptions delivered to us should be identified by number rather than name so we are not able to identify the individual.
The personal data we collect about you will generally be provided to us directly by you or your optician.
We collect and process personal data about:
- our customers’ patients (where they are individuals) – being their name, address, contact details, optical prescriptions, eye scans/images (where necessary), optician details, order history and correspondence with such patients.
- our customers (and, where they are companies, their personnel), potential customers, suppliers and potential suppliers – being, names, addresses, contact details, job positions and correspondence).
Why and how we process your personal data
We process personal data for and in connection with the performance of our contractual engagements, including:
- maintaining and carrying out our relationships with customers and developing relationships with potential customers.
- maintaining and carrying out our relationships with suppliers and developing relationships with potential suppliers.
- carrying out orders placed by our customers (including the manufacturing of lenses).
- dealing with enquiries, comments and complaints.
Where we have a direct contract with you, we use your personal data on the lawful basis of performance of our contract with you. Where we do not have a direct contract with you (for example, where our contract is with your optician or with your business/employer), we do this on the basis of our legitimate interests of performing our contracts with our customers and suppliers (with which we have a contractual relationship) and also developing and expanding our business.
We may from time to time use the email addresses and telephone number of our business customers (and potential customers) to promote our products and services. We do so on the basis of our legitimate interests of keeping our customers informed about our latest products and services and expanding our business.
We may use the above personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and also use this for the establishment, exercise, resolution and/or defence of legal claims. Our use of your personal data for the establishment, exercise, resolution and/or defence of legal claims is on the lawful basis of pursuance of our legitimate interests (being, managing our risks internally and being able to deal with any legal claims).
Where we process ‘special category personal data’ about you (including your prescription for the purpose of manufacturing lenses), we do so on the basis of your explicit consent.
Where we collect technical data relating to your use of our website, we may use this to collect information about your use of the website, collate this with data relating to other users’ use of our website to create useful statistical information and then use this to improve our website. We require your consent to the collection of this information and thereafter analyse (including anonymising it) this data on the basis of our legitimate interests (as detailed in this policy).
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with other companies within our group of companies for the purpose of carrying out any contract we have with you/your business or employer. We may also share your personal data with:
- our carefully selected service providers who provide IT and related services (specific details of which are available on request)
- our professional advisers, including our lawyers and accountants
- our regulators and other government authorities, including HMRC.
What we do to protect your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and, in the event of a breach, will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Retention of your personal data
We retain your personal data in line with our internal retention policies and guidelines, a copy of which can be produced on request. These have been developed to ensure our compliance with regulatory obligations and professional practice.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time or by contacting us at the details below (although we may not be able to fully provide our products to you if you ask us to stop processing any special category data which is relevant to your contractual engagement).
In addition to such right to withdraw your consent, you have various other rights in respect of your personal data (subject to applicable data protection laws), as follows:
- a right to access a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- a right in certain circumstances to request a transfer of your personal data to you or a third party;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified
- a right in certain circumstances to restrict our processing of your personal data
- a right in certain circumstances to have the personal data we are processing erased
- a right to object to our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances where we are relying on our legitimate interests as our lawful basis for processing your personal data;
- a right to object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- a right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority, which if you are a UK resident will be the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting The Data Controller, UltraVision International Limited, Commerce Way, Leighton Buzzard, Beds, LU7 4RW, by email to Info@ultravision.co.uk or by phone to +44(0)1525381112.You can find more information concerning the above rights on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk.